I can’t stand it when my hair is overly done. You know what I’m talking about — blow-dried to perfection with not a hair out of place. No matter the hair length, I prefer mussy. When my hair is short and blow-dried straight, it looks like helmet head, when my hair is long and straight, it looks staid. When I get my hair cut, the minute I walk out of the salon I want to wet it and muss it up.
Turns out I’m not alone, I recently read that the actress Kirsten Dunst insists on choppy ends because she hates her hair to look done.
And I keep reading about more and more stylists who muss up cuts for photo shoots.
To get the mussy look, follow these tips:
1. If you have straight hair, ask for choppy ends when you get your hair cut. Then scrunch hair and let it air dry.
2. For curly girls, ask for layers to be cut into hair so that the fullness is not on the ends. There’s nothing worse on curly hair than the A-frame hair, where the ends fluff out like a fluffy skirt. Muss up curls by allowing them to airdry and twisting curls into thick ringlets as they dry.
3. Got wavy hair? Skip the flat-iron and embrace your waves. With a great cut, you never have to flat-iron again. Hair should dry naturally into a gorgeous shape. Women pay big bucks to get hair like yours. Freshen hair with gorgeous highlights, instead. Add texture with a texturizing spray. I love Shu Uemura’s Liquid Fabric, buy it from Amazon.
More on short hair:
- How to Tell if You’d Look Good With Short Hair
- The 6 Hottest Short Hair Trends
- 10 Things Every Woman Should Know About Hair Texture